Please send resumes for any positions to Wendy Roten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coker United Methodist Church is currently seeking a Director of Communications. This person plays a key leadership role and is responsible for the implementation and delivery of all communication strategies both external and internal for Coker UMC. The Director will be a professional and passionate Christian believer with advanced skills and experience in print media, story writing, website design and maintenance, web application, and social media platforms.
The Director will be a full-time staff member and will report to an Associate Pastor. This person will collaborate closely with the Worship ministry team.
- Design and create worship bulletins, funeral bulletins, brochures, flyers, and banners.
- Write creative stories to communicate what God is doing at Coker UMC for monthly magazine.
- Design and compile information for weekly e-newsletter.
- Maintain content on website and website application in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Create, schedule, and maintain timely posts for all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Creatively build followings on various social media platforms.
- Design and maintain digital sign with current information.
- Proofread, edit, and correct all communication pieces.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, and other church campaigns as assigned.
- Maintain and monitor Coker’s brand throughout all media including both print and digital.
- Proofread worship slides in Pro Presenter weekly and act as a backup for creating and editing worship slides in Pro Presenter.
- High commitment to Coker with passion and drive for evangelism.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in communication/marketing field.
- Extensive experience with print and digital media including website design and maintenance, web application, and social media platforms.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with creative story writing.
- Excellent working knowledge of Mac and PC.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis in InDesign.
- Team builder and team player who thrives in a fast moving, highly collaborative environment.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to multi task and prioritize work.
- Minimum of one year church experience required.
- BS/BA degree in Communications/Marketing field required.
Please send your resume to Wendy Roten at email@example.com or call the Church office at 494-3455, extension 235, with any questions regarding this position.
Lead Nursery Worker- Part-time (15-18 hours per week)
Responsible for providing high quality care in our nursery for infants and children. Applicants must be patient with a calming and loving ability to handle various situations and enjoy working with children ages 3 months up to eleven years of age. Looking for an applicant who enjoys sharing Jesus’s love through storytelling, crafts, games, etc. Previous experience with children is desired. Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply with the ability to work a set schedule Sunday through Thursday. Please see schedule below for hours.
Special events as they are scheduled.
Please send your resume to Wendy Roten at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Church office at 494-3455, extension 1235, with any questions regarding this position.
Coker Early Learning Center is currently interviewing candidates in the following areas: